Monday, October 26, 2009

Welcome


Art has been a passion of mine for most of my life. I grew up in the suburbs of New York City and was able to regularly visit the museums and view great works of art. I was very fortunate to have some wonderful and inspiring art teachers in middle and high school who nurtured my interests and talents.

My professional pursuits led me to the field of counseling. Currently, I am a marriage/individual therapist in California. Doing art is a great outlet for relieving some of the stress that I experience. It’s nice to have a place to escape from some of the harsh realities of life.

Over the years, I have taken classes in figure drawing, photography and painting at local community colleges. I love learning more about the various mediums and am always in search of finding more time to devote to doing art.

I have posted some of my pieces at Red Bubble. You can view and purchase art from myself or other amazingly talented artists. This is a great way to get affordable and original artwork into your home and office.


The above image is Cat on a Mat 2009, oil pastels on vellum paper, 11"x14" - This was featured in the 2009 Alameda County Fair

2 comments: